Tuesday, July 8, 2008

On the Alaska Highway today!



It was 7 deg. (That's about 40 for the metrically challenged). We've been frozen for the last two days now. Left Jasper & headed north, saw a moose just north of town standing on the side of the road. Couldn't get the camera ready in time, so no photo of that. The country up here is absolutely breathtaking. The trip from Banff to about 90 miles north of Jasper is just incredible. (Just very cold). Went to bed about 10:30 & it was still daylight, and it was already daylight by 5am the next morning. Hey all you guys at Plano Kawasaki, the bike is running great!! Tell craig thanks... and the hot wings & beer are on me when I get back (even for Vince).Made the Alaska Highway early afternoon & stopped for the night at Fort St. John, BC. Stopped early because we talked to a couple folks riding south & they said Ft. Nelson was all booked up with oil crews....Having a couple beers in the hotel parking lot & then up early again tomorrow & off to the Yukon.We actually made it to the Alaska Highway!!!!! Got someone to shoot a photo of us under the sign..... Hey Pete, Here's a photo of me with a "Grasshopper" beer.... I couldn't bring any back with me though....... Oh, and scratch the comment about the photo at the sign... I didn't check it after the lady shot it... I figured it was obvious that we were standing under the Alaska Highway sign..... she zoomed in on us & left out the sign... Oh well, Mike got a photo of me under it.......

No comments: