Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Finally! Sunny and warm

When we left Stewart this morning it was in the low 40's, but the sun was peeking out. It steadily warmed up all day long and around 4:30 it got to 70 & we pulled off the coats. this is the first time in 2 weeks that we were able to ride without heavy clothes. It should continue to get warmer as we move south again tomorrow. We should end up somewhere close to the U.S. border tomorrow & will most likely be in Washington state on Friday.

I'm still having trouble uploading photo's..... the only thing I can think of is the image size, mine are about twice as big as Mikes at 5-6meg per shot.

Oh well, I got a couple up (even 1 duplicate)

The first one looks like water on the road.... it wasn't. We were waiting for the flagman to let us go, they were spraying fresh oil on the road.... nice slick oil...... I picked my feet up when we got the OK, and looked down & my floorboards were covered in oil from the soles of my boots. Shortly after the that, the road turned to fresh dirt that a road grader was working out....

But again, the scenery is just incredible!





This is Hyder, Alaska.. chck out Mikes blog from last night. We got Hyderized..... It's called the "Friendliest Ghost Town". The Milepost lists the population at 12.... dirt streets at the end of the only road.
I had a nice photo of sunny blue skys & beautiful mountains... but I can't get it to upload & Mikes waiting to use his computer.... Someday we'll be back to civilization where we'll have a good connection.

tomorrow we'll turn south on the west side of the mountain range that is the border to Banff. We hear there's some really nice riding on that route.


Ignore this one... it's a duplicate....

No comments: